Co-developed by Canada’s Music Incubator at Coalition Music, the Allan Slaight JUNO Master Class helps emerging artists hone their craft and gives them the tools they need to take their music career to the next level.
DEADLINE is JULY 4/17!
In order to apply to the Allan Slaight JUNO Master Class program, please prepare the following information in advance:
- Two original singles (mp3 format)
- Link to where each song is available online for sale, streaming, or viewed online and release date for each
- Submission video (online link) – A video outlining why you should be a part of this program, one-minute maximum (must be a public link, not private). This video will be viewed by both industry and celebrity super jury, so this is your chance to convey your artistic personality and creativity!
- Performance video (online link) – A video highlighting a compelling current performance of one original song and not a cover. Please do not include full concert performances or music videos.
- Artist/band biography (200-word maximum)
- Lyrics for each of the submitted songs
- Artist/band photo (jpg, png)
- Academy Delegate Name and Email – contact information for the academy delegate endorsing you for the program
- Skype Username – if you do not have a Skype account please create one here (finalists will be contacted through Skype)
- Social media links
- Notable accomplishments (500-word maximum)
Submissions will go through two rounds of judging. Canadian music industry heavyweights will narrow the submissions down to the top 10, and the Super Jury will choose the three winners. This year’s Super Jury includes JUNO Award-winning artists Lights, Kardinal Offishall, Max Kerman (Arkells), JUNO Award-winning producer Gavin Brown, Talent Development Coordinator at Slaight Music Ali Slaight, and President and CEO of CARAS/The JUNO Awards & MusiCounts Allan Reid.
The three winners will each receive:
- An all-inclusive trip to Toronto for an intensive and customized mentorship week at Canada’s Music Incubator that culminates with a music industry showcase night in Toronto
- A trip to the 2018 JUNO Awards in Vancouver complete with tickets to JUNO Week events, a showcase opportunity during JUNOfest, and a chance to perform at the exclusive JUNO Gala Dinner & Awards
- A docu-series capturing their journey to run on JUNOTV.ca
- Studio time at Slaight Music Recording Studios
There’s no submission fee required to apply, however all applicants must be endorsed by a CARAS Academy Delegate. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org more info!